Oh, and if you are reading this on email, I'd suggest you open up the webpage so you can see all the pics (that's half the fun!) :)
Friday night (July 3): We spent the majority of Saturday at Petco Park. The Dodgers (surprise, surprise) were playing the Padres. Gary had never been to that venue before, and thought it would be a good opportunity to check it out. I thought it would be a good opportunity to each hot dogs and nachos (which I truly believe have less calories at ballparks) :) Here is the view I before the big "obstruction". See below for before and after..
After the name we walked through the Gas Lamp district, which was awesome. There were so many cool looking restaurants (that I'll try in the future) and little cute shops, and lots of people out and about partying and having fun. Gary and I stopped by Fred's Cantina and shared a Margarita.. see below:
Then Ghiradellis for ice cream.....
It was a good night. :)
Saturday (July 4): On Saturday, we got up and decided to have lunch in old town San Diego. I heard from a friend that they had some really good food there. So Gary researched and found this place called El Indio. It was supposed to be the best casual dining for Mexican food in dining. The food was decent, but not the greatest. We weren't all that impressed, and then realized that we actually weren't in old town San Diego (ok well I figured it out... )
When we did find it, we realized they were having a cool festival down there, and decided to hang around there for the afternoon. It had a colonian feel, where they had square dancing, and cute little stores. They also had cannon firings which we heard multiple times throughout the day. We also enjoyed another margarita there in the afternoon.
In the evening, we had dinner here (pizza):
After that we went took the trolley to Seaport Village (right on the water) to watch fireworks. They were great! Then we came home and called it a night.
Sunday (July 5): Today, we ended our trip by going to Coronado Island. I originally wanted to go there for the 4th, but we were advised against it due to the crowds. We went there and had lunch and sat on the beach. It was BEAUTIFUL. You can go on the island via bridge or ferry... and it is a cute little ocean town with lots of good food. We went to the Hotel del Coronado to have lunch right on the deck by the beach. It was so lovely. Here is a pic of me and Gary on the beach in front of the hotel.
So needless to say, I'm sad its 8:36 on a Sunday night and have to go to work tomorrow. I had a great weekend, and lots of fun, and look forward to doing all the other activities that we weren't able to do this trip including: Mission bay (rollercoaster), Seaworld, Zoo, Wild Animal Park, etc. I hope everybody had a fantastic fourth of July!
1 comment:
San Diego looks awesome. My new thing is to learn how to surf, so maybe one day we can visit SD together! love you!
Post a Comment