Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love the fall.......

I love the fall, the weather cools down a little bit, we get to break out the boots and mittens. Although this is usually the case, I went down to LA where it was in the upper 80s most the weekend, and most the girls wear boots for fashion reasons instead of utility.

Anyway, the weekend was really fun. I got in LA late Friday night, so all we did was get some frozen yogurt and called it a night. On Saturday, we hung out at Gary's parents house and had some yummy, yummy lunch. His mom is a fantastic cook. I also got to hang out with his sister, who is very sweet. After that, we headed to Riverside and went shopping for a little bit.

Then we were off to the hoe-down! The hoe-down is a tradition that a friend of mine, Jared, has been participating in with his family for years. He had told me about it a few years ago, and it sounded like a lot of fun. It was basically a fall festival themed around the Sleepy Hollow story including the headless horsemen. They had hayrides, AMAZING apple cider (the best I've ever had), a play about Sleepy Hollow, dinner, dancing, and a few contests. Gary and I had a great time. At the end, they had a guy come out in a horse dress up at a headless horsemen and throw a flaming pumpkin. It was pretty awesome. Gary LOVED the food, I honestly don't think that I'll hear the end of how much he liked the food until we go next year. Anyway, it was fun and it was cool that I got to experience what Jared and Martha had told me so many times about.

Today we had lunch with my friend Jamie and her boyfriend Ryan. It was a lot of fun. The boys watched Sunday football while Jamie and I chatted for a few hours, it worked out perfectly. It was awesome to see her. I'm excited that when one day I move down there, I'll already have friends there.. and hopefully a few more depending on how things go with some San Jose friends that might be looking for a new geographical location to reside in.

Anywhoo, after that I was on my way home again. It's always hard coming back when I see him for a weekend, knowing it will be two weeks before I get to see him again, it's so hard. It's harder knowing that I have to go to work the next day the weekend, because let's face it- most of us work for the weekend (please mind the terrible reference to the 80's song).

Alrighty, that's all I have...Halloween is on Friday, where I get to debut my bumble bee costume, it should be awesome. Then thanksgiving where I will pumpkin pie it up, black Friday where I will elbow some grannies to save two dollars on socks, holiday Christmas party at the tech museum where I will attempt to hide my holiday weight, and then the best of all, Christmas. My favorite holiday. Friends, family, and presents, oh my. It will be wonderful.

Alright it's well past this old lady's bed time....

No comments: