Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Please!

Today I went to McDonalds and had a quarter pounder (with cheese) and some fries. It's been ages since I can even eating a hamburger but as I was driving home, that's all I could think of.

I had a shitty day, and I mean really shitty. And as I've worked the last few years to cut out my bad habits (including emotional eating), all that was thrown out the window, and all I could think about is doing something that would provide me some immediate gratification and make me forget about the shitiness that went down during the day, most of which is inconsequential to the greater story that is my life.

And oh boy, do I regret it. Although I spent the last hour at the gym trying to undo some of what I did to myself, it's not the fear that I'll wake up tomorrow and break out my "fat pants" when I get dressed to work, but it's the scary thought that I've reverted back to my toxic habits. Although I guess they do say the first step to addressing a problem is acknowledging you have one.

I'm still regretting it sitting here, but I must admit, putting it all in the open does feel cathartic.

Let's hope tomorrow goes better.

Night, y'all.

No comments: