It's my fourth busy season at PwC, and although I thought they would get easier as I progressed in my career, they are seeming to get worse. I am lucky that I have a great team to work on, but the hours alone are enough to drive someone crazy.
Don't get me wrong- I realize that a lot of people work a lot harder than me, but the stress added the hours added with the pressure to perform at the top of your game constantly is exhausting. I come home drained, without the ability to move, depressed because I know that in less than 8 hours I have to wake up and do it all over again.
And I know that this is a job I signed up for, but I think I still have the right to complain, because it sucks to not have time to talk to friends, talk to family, go to the gym, go shopping, go see movies, or read a book that is non accounting related. It sucks even more than I come home to have dreams about work, and think and worry about work constantly. Because even the times you really aren't physically at work, you still are mentally, and that's just as bad.
Needless to say, I am not going to be devastated to move on past PwC, so I can concentrate on making the most of my life, having more time to pursue my hobbies, and travel.
7 weeks down and counting......
Aura Color Readings
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment