Sunday, March 1, 2009

The End of an Era

And so ends the end of an era. My era in San Jose, California, my era at PwC San Jose, the end of my 4th busy season with the same team.

As cliche as it might sound, I really feel like I just got here. How have almost 4 years passed by so quickly? Not only the first 4 years of my professional career, the first 4 years of my self declared independence. I moved down here from Seattle without knowing a soul, and now I have life long friends, for which I will always be grateful for, and will miss dearly.

My official last day at PwC will be March 15, 2009. I am working on getting a transfer to the OC office that looks good but is yet to be confirmed. Although I know that my life long career won't be at PwC, I do know that this the economy for me to easily find another job, and working at the PwC- Orange County office will make the transition a bit easier. I will be officially moving on March 21, 2009, and I'll be going the weekend before to find a place to live.

This weekend will also be (hopefully) the last 2 week lag that Gary and I will be apart, which is also exciting. He came to visit me this weekend, which although was a super lazy weekend, was exactly what I needed after 2 months of intense work and stress. And further, I end this night and post NOT being depressed about going to work tomorrow. So begins my last two weeks at PwC- SJ, which will consist of no more than 8 hour days. Yessssssssssssssssssss.

I'll keep ya all posted when I figure out more firm details to the move.

No comments: