Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

I just got back from a wonderful weekend in SoCal. I flew down to OC on Friday, and got in around 8:10. After that, I met up with Jamie to celebrate her birthday. Although I missed her dinner, I was able to catch the end of it, and then chat and go on to see a movie with her later in the night. Gary was the only guy there; which I felt bad about. I have to say that I am really lucky to have a great guy like him in my life. He never once complained about anything about that night. He knew that it was important to see my friend, and let me do what I needed to do. He even went to see the chick flick with me, and made sure I had enough to eat since I missed dinner.

The next day, we woke up and went to San Diego. Gary had intended it to be a surprise, but he accidentally let it slip when we were talking a few days before. He planned a wonderful trip. We got in there around 4 ish, relaxed in the hotel and then dressed up and got ready to go out. I wore a new dress that I got for Christmas, and he wore nice slacks and a dress shirt. I must say he looked very handsome.

For dinner, we went to a Thai food restaurant called Lotus Thai downtown San Diego. It was a beautiful place and the food was great. After that we didn't have any set plants so we went to a place called "Seaport Village." It is a cute little area near the water where you can walk along and see the lights, as well as little stores you can walk in. After that, he took me to see downtown La Jolla, where we were going to have dessert, but couldn't find any good places we liked. We ended up going to Rock Bottom Brewery where Gary had a drink and I had some coffee and we shared a dessert.

The next day, we were supposed to go to the Wild Animal Park. However, due to my hectic work schedule of late, I was really feeling lazy and just wanted to hang around. Given the animal park is a 4 hour commitment, Gary didn't feel like it was the best idea. So we didn't go and he took me around San Diego instead. I think that was a good decision because it ended up being cold. I think we'll go back when the weather is a bit better.

Gary took me to see San Diego State where he went to college, and showed me where he lived, and took me to a restaurant he liked when he lived there. After that, we went back downtown and went to a outdoor shopping area where we walked around for a little bit until we had to head back to the airport. I have to say that I really fell in love with San Diego. The area is beautiful, there seems to be so much to to and see there, and I liked the cooler weather. Also the people there seemed more down to earth then the ones I see around LA.

The weekend flew by. I guess that's natural when you have a lot of fun and finish an experience that you were looking forward to for so long.

Gary made a lot of effort to make our first Valentines day special, and it really was. Although we've had some differences along the line, the bottom line is that he treats me very well. He does whatever he can to make me happy, and takes care of me in all situations. This weekend made me realize how excited I am to move down to Southern California to start a new chapter of my life. And I can't imagine that chapter without Gary.

No comments: