Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Case of the Mondays on Sunday....

If you haven't seen the movie Office Space, then do not read any further. However, if you have seen the movie, you'll appreciate my feeling like I have a "case of the Mondays" on Sunday.




I had a wonderful weekend that went WAY too fast. However the weekend was overshadowed by my anxiety about the upcoming workweek. I had dreams about work (no kidding), I had dreams about intangible amortization expense, documentation of audit work, and couldn't sleep in because I woke up thinking about only work.

Not only that, but my anxiety about the upcoming work week overpowered the fun I was trying to have by seeing Gary, since I hadn't seen him in three weeks. Instead of cherishing the time I had with him, all I could think about is work, and I think I also took out some frustrations I had on him also, which is very wrong.

Anyway, the point is, I am in a good position for which I can quit. I've worked the last 4 years to build a nice savings account, so that I can relax for a few months and find something that makes me a little happier. Honestly, I know I should be lucky to be employed, but I realized that even if this stress only lasts for 2 months out of the year, it isn't worth it. Not for me at least. Countdown.. 1.5 months to go. Let's hope it goes fast.

No comments: