I don't know how many people actually read this, but I felt like posting a blog becuase I haven't done so for a very long time.
Life in So-Cal.
I certainly did not expect myself here, but here I am. I am really enjoying living on my own, especially since I've never done it before. I like the fact that I can do whatever I want, and have a lot of fun decorating the place. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done decorating, almost there. Its wierd, but living on your own really makes you feel like a grown up, which is pretty cool.
Aside from that, I havne't really seen as much of So-Cal as I'd like. I know there are places here that I haven't been, and am hoping to visit them in the near future.
I can't believe its May already! My birthday is fastly approaching, and its funny as you get older that instead of getting excited about your birthday, you actually start to dread it a little bit. This year is certainly no exception. This year is especially somber, becuase I have fewer friends to celebrate it with. Although I have less than handfull friends, it was always being surrounded by people who cared and loved me that made getting older more bearable. But thats the price I paid by moving, amoung others.
AAHOA Convention/Washington DC
My highlight of last month was visiting my family in Washington DC. I went to support my family members at the AHHOA convention, which is an association for hoteliers that a majority of my family belongs to. I was there to support my brother, who was the future hotelier of the year. I was really proud of him. Over the years, he's grown more mature, and he is thriving at law school, and I'm looking forward to him having a fanastic career. He certainly is off to a good start. The second highlight was my uncle winning the secretary position at the AHHOA organization, which he was attempting to win for the last 3 years, and I was really happy to see him finally win. I was able to get a little bit of sightseeing in, which was really cool since I haven't been there since I was 13 years old. I did feel like I missed a lot of stuff, so hopefully I can go back one day to revisit all there is to see given I am a huge history dork. Here are a few pics:
CPA, et all.
Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. I'll be going to vegas in a few weeks, which should be really cool. I've had some consdierable time off, which is a nice break from my old life of over working. I am taking advantage of my extra time off by sitting for the CPA exam, I take my first part on May 30th. Studying sucks, but I know having this certification will do me well in the future. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment