Sunday, September 7, 2008

I will not let the man, or the cold keep me down!

My 26 hour work day on Thursday/Friday not only left me tired, but it also left me with a terrible cold. I'm not sure why I have such a terrible immune system, but I don't think the lack of sleep helped my case any. In any case, the following became my armor to not let it ruin my weekend:



I do not recommend working 26 hours in a row, its a terrible idea. Not that I really had a choice in the matter, but it made me angry mostly because I was visiting Gary this weekend and I didn't want it ruining our weekend. Unfortunately, my plan of attack didn't quite work, and I ended up feeling like crap for most of the weekend, making me a coughing, snotty, sneezing, snoring (due to the congestion) , icky mess. Incredibly sexy, I know.

Despite this, Gary was totally awesome. The fact that I was sick didn't bother him one bit, and he took really good take care of me and got me everything that I needed, I couldn't ask for a more wonderful guy. When he picked me up on Friday, we went to the Cheesecake factory to celebrate our 4 month anniversary. It as fun. Although I can't have liquor (b/c of the medication I was on referenced above), I still had a virgin Daiquiri. Oh, and we saw the craziest thing! We saw a guy that must have been in his 70's with a female "escort" that was probably 19 or 20. She was dress very scandalously, which took out the possibility, in our minds at least, that they could be related. It was pretty funny, for a more visual image see the picture below:


Anyway, the rest of the weekend was pretty chill. Because I wasn't feeling 100% we kind of laid low most of the weekend. On Saturday night, I was feeling a little better so we had dinner and Chevy's, and saw a movie called Bangkok Dangerous... which was pretty much a guy movie. There were times when my eyes closed for a few minutes, but I think that's because I was a little sick. Overall any action movie lover would enjoy it, Nicholas Cage's acting was pretty decent. After the movie we went to a place called Yogurtland for some frozen yogurt.... mmm :)

Today, we spent the morning home while Gary watched a Dodger's game and I took a nap.. that medication makes me really tired. Other than that we had Thai for dinner before I had to leave to come home.

I was really sad to go, but I'll get to see him in about 2 weeks, we are going to go visit my family in Portland, which I'm really excited about. I'm sure they will will love him, just as much as I do. We are also going to meet up with Emily, and it will be really nice to see her as well.

As usual, not looking forward to work next week, although there will be no 26 hour work days, which I couldn't be more thrilled about.

4 comments:

Yasmine said...

That picture cracked me up!

Especially when I thought it was a visual reenactment of your weekend with Gary.

Haha. That sucks that you're sick...i always get sick when i'm stressed out too. It sucks bollocks! I am in love with day quill. That's what got me thru finals...it's like crack.

hope you feel better, girly!

Nina said...

Haha, I yeah I thought it was funny too... thanks, I hope I feel better, and yeah taht medicine is like crack, I can't get enough. Somtimes I dont wait the full four hours to take it again (shhh dont tell anyone;) :)

Yasmine said...

Mina wants more postys!!

I'm so demanding. :)

Nina said...

Ask and you shall recieve!!!