Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

One thing bad about blogging is that since I am blogging about something, it has ended. Yes, labor day weekend is over. So fast, its a tragedy really. Moving on, the upside is that my long weekend was awesome. Gary flew up this weekend to visit me. He flew in on Friday, and we went straight to visit a few friends of mine, Jared and Martha. We went to BJ's brewery (mind the obscene name) which I love mostly because they have an AWESOME dessert called the pizzuki, which involves a warm cookie and ice cream. If you haven't had it, go try it. Now.

The next day we went to Santa Cruz, which is more affectionately known for paranoid hippies protesting everything under the sun. We went to the boardwalk, where we went on a few rides (the rollercoaster and haunted house). And yes, I did get scared in the haunted house. I don't like thing jumping out at me damnit. However, nothing jumped out, so I just ended up looking lame at the end of it. See below for a picture of the rollercoaster. It's really big.


Anyways, we headed downtown for dinner. We went to this place called Kianti's, a pizza and pasta bar which is realllllly good. Highly recommended. I went there with Emily when she came to visit a few months ago, and I thought it was really good.

The next day we went TV shopping. I had a trageic accident with my last tv. Well, it was my fault I dropped it. Its a long/sad story which I'll skip, but the point is I needed a new tv. Gary as well as my brother, and everyone under the blue moon told me that I should get some thing better since I had to buy a tv anways. Ugh it always kills me to spend so much money on something like a tv. I mean, with the same money I could buy some killer shoes or a purse. But I figured the TV would probably last me longer. I got a 32 inch flat screen, and I have to admit, I LOVE it. See my tv below.

After tv shopping, we checked out Palo Alto unviersity street for dinner/baseball game. Naturally, I was more interested in the dinner than the baseball game, but it was fun. We met up with another friend of mine, and ended up staying until 11. When we got home, we set up my sweet tv (refer to picture above) and went to rent a movie so that I could see how it looked, and it looked awesome. We rented "What Happens in Vegas" which was my pick, but is a terrible movie, don't see it. Total waste of time.
Then we come to today, the day before I have to go to work. It's sad that I'll get depressed the morning BEFORE the day I have to go to work. I was really happy however, to have Gary visit me. We had a blast, and I'm going to be going down to the OC this Friday to spend time with him this weekend, and I can't wait because I miss him already. I am also happy this week will be only 4 days long (thank you long weekend)!

4 comments:

Yasmine said...

Yay! I get to hear about your life, woohoo! (that was not sarcastic by the way... just genuinely interested).

Keep it up, i'm reading! Love you!

David A. N. Cheifetz said...

Yum pizzuki! It sounds distinctly japanese.... maybe italo-nippon fusion? Are there chunks of freshwater eel in the cookie?

Yasmine said...

Hey Nina,

David and I just noticed that any time anyone posts on your blog, all users get an email notification. Under "do you want to get notification when someone posts" did you enter everyone's names? You might want to go back and just put your name. Although I don't mind. :)

Nina said...

Haha, no eel in the cookie, although that would have been interesting :) I think its supposed to be a fusion between the words "pizza" and "Cookie" because its a giant cookie. It's so wonderful, I might even write a poem about it.