I love, love, love Vegas, and this time was no disappointment. I went there because a bunch of Gary's friends were meeting up there, and he invited me to come along and hang out with them. When I got in on Friday evening, I got to meet all of them. They are all really nice.
We stayed at the Excalibur Hotel. I was happy because it was on the strip, so it was easy to visit the other hotels. The nice thing is that although it is one of the lesser expensive hotels, gambling is cheaper which makes the losing process sustainable over a longer period of time. I probably gambled more than I ever have before, and won $70 bucks playing the Price is Right slot machine. This is by FAR my favorite slot machine. If you get to certain rounds, you get to play mini games. So its not just pressing a button over and over, you get to play games also. I also played a little "Let it Ride" Poker at the Excalibur, but came out even.
We also visited NY NY which is one of my favorites, a long with the Venetian. I love both because of the areas where they have outdoor like streets indoors... I love walking around in there. We were in the Venetian particularly because we went to go see Phantom of the Opera. We had gotten the cheap seats in the back, but when we got there, we found out there were seats up front that were not sold, which were probably valued at around $250 per seat. Gary saw the usher offer some seats to another couple near the front, so he asked if we could get upgraded also. He said yes! So we got to sit 10 rows back, right in the center, and it made it so much cooler. The actual theatre is AWESOME. It was remodeled for the musical, so it was very authentic and dark. Also, I loved the music, I am going to buy the soundtrack soon. The whole thing was awesome. See pics below of Gary and I at the Venetian:
We also went to the MGM to see the lions... see below:
Overall it was a fun weekend. Out of everything, I enjoyed Phantom the most. It's a different experience going with Gary than going with the girls, but I enjoyed it just as much. I hope that I can see more musicals and plays in the future, they are really fun. I'd love to see a Cirque Du Soleil show one of these days, they are supposed to be amazing.
Alrighty, I'm tired.... time for bed.
1 comment:
Looks like you had fun! I missed you when I was in San Jose, but maybe one of these days we'll actually be in the same town at the same time!
Post a Comment