This weekend I was fortunate enough to go home to visit my friends and family. I arrived late on Friday evening, around midnight due to a flight delay. I met Gary at the airport, who had to wait two hours for me because his flight had come in on time. Go figure, there are airlines that actually travel on time. It's an amazing concept.
Anyways, overall the trip was really good. My family and Gary got along well, and I also got to see Emily and Jeff in Olympia, which was fun also. We also met Gary's friend Alex who drove down all the way from Vancouver BC to meet up with him. He hadn't seen him in 5 years.
I felt a little bad, Gary got a little bombarded with family and at one point during dinner my uncle proceeded to tell Gary how my aunt makes him eat Taco Bell twice a day and that how he couldn't expect a home cooked meal in this family... Although I don't think Gary thought anything of it, since he already knows my culinary skills aren't exactly my strong suite. Anyway, it was pretty funny.
I didn't get to show him too much around Portland, since our trip wasn't too long. We had lunch one day on 23rd street at Rose's and walked around a little bit. I think I'll have to break him the wondrous sites of Washington slowly over the next few visits. We also had a chance to see "Burn After Reading," which is a terrible, terrible movie. Please, for the love of God do not watch it. The Pitt/Clooney combo totally isn't worth it, don't be fooled.
Anyway, it was a pretty chill visit, and it was great to see everybody. I'm also glad that my entire family got to meet Gary. He fit in perfectly with them, even I think most of them when they were all speaking Gujrathi he was just smiling and nodding.
On to the next trip... this Friday I'm leaving for Vegas. Woohoo I can't wait!
Aura Color Readings
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment